When is the last time you gave yourself a truly special gift? This holiday season, give yourself the Gift of Career Reflection. In the midst of the hustle and bustle of the season, it's easy to get swallowed up with work deadlines, travel, relatives, parties and more. Before you know it, January is here and you are back at work-hopefully doing what you love, but possibly going through the motions, unmotivated and uninspired. This year, reward yourself with a few quiet moments to reflect on your professional life. Self-awareness is the key for gaining better appreciation of your current status, or for providing the catalyst to moving on. Below we provide some questions that may help with the process. Enjoy!
1. Overall, how satisfied am I in my career?
2. Am I on the career path I planned for myself?
3. When I began my career, what did I envision?
4. Why did I choose the career path I did?
5. What has affected my progress?
6. What have I done right, where did I stumble?
7. Am I growing? Do I want to grow?
8. Am I challenged? Am I in need of a challenge?
9. If I could choose my perfect job, what would it look like?
10. How far from that vision am I?
11. What is preventing me from getting there?
12. What am I willing to do to get there?
13. What are the steps I can take to get there?
14. Who can help me to reach my goals?
Once you've rediscovered your career goals, you'll have taken the first step to re-energizing your career. What a wonderful gift to give yourself. Happy Holidays from the Conexis Team.